The Sonitron Multi-Application (SMA) series are specifically developed to meet a wide range of requirements in sound pressure, dimensions and mounting methods. This series produce highly reliable audible signals, giving either an extremely clear penetrating tone or a soft sound output. Both, buzzers and transducers, are available in five sizes, 13 mm, 17 mm, 21 mm, 24 mm and 30 mm. All SMA products are manufactured to meet various mounting styles such as through-hole or surface mounting technologies (SMD). Therefore they are equipped with either pin or SMD terminals.
|SPLdB(A) @ 21'C @ 30cm@ 12Vdc||75|
Frequency (+/- 15%)
|Operating Voltage ( Min.-Max.)
||1.5 to 15|
|Operating Current (mA)||11.6|
|Weight ( g)||1|
|Pin Distance||7.5 mm|
|Square Diameter ( mm )||13|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to +85°C|
Measurements are made @ 1 meter@12Vdc in free air 21°C
The Multi-Application series present the following advantages:
- The octagonal housing provides alignment with pick & place machines for SMD models, which are packed in trays and protected with a heat resistant label for automatic soldering.
- The miniature models SMA-13 and SMA-17 offer a high sound pressure level together with a clear audible tone.
- The LT-versions of the models SMA-13, SMA-17 and SMA-21 generate an increased sound output.
- The LC-versions of the same models operate at extremely low current consumption; ideal for battery operated applications.
- The LV versions of the model SMA-21 generate an extremely loud sound output at very low battery voltage starting at 2 Vdc up to 6 Vdc.
- Because of the same case style for buzzers and transducers with different pin pitches per model, the user is offered a great deal of flexibility and can switch over to a buzzer or transducer at any time. ·
- The piezo audio technology can be qualified as solid state, highly reliable,without EMI and is able to withstand temperatures from -40°C to +85°C. The MTBF exceeds in reality several times the figure indicated in this catalogue. Lifetime depends on different factors and is described more in detail in the addendum